St Andrew's Church, Histon is excited to announce:
Friendship, Faith and Fun
Our new vision for young families with under 5’s
We aim to be a place of welcome, hospitality and sanctuary; to provide a little piece of shelter from the storms of everyday life; to be a listening ear, and a chance to explore the hope, love, peace and transformation that the Christian faith brings. Heading up the team are Sarah Davie, Zoe Shuler and Tim Blake along with a number of others from the St Andrew's Church community.
We now have three groups; Shine for Under fives (and their parents/carers) who are well on the move, Shooting Stars for new movers roughly aged 1-2.5 years old and Little Stars for babies and their parents/carers.
This is the Shine page, for Little Stars click here.
Shine | A place for Under Fives and their carers | Friday mornings from 11am
A chance to meet with other parents to find support from one another and our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you with tea, coffee and cakes. We'll be singing, playing, telling stories, making things and chatting to each other about day to day life as new parents and about the bigger things when you want to.
Shine is open to anyone and costs £2 per family
Shine is based upon Friendship, Faith and Fun. We aim to be a place of welcome, hospitality and sanctuary; to provide a little piece of shelter from the storms of everyday life; to be a listening ear, and a chance to explore the hope, love, peace and life that the Christian faith brings.
Shine is open to everyone and costs £2 per family, per session (payable on arrival).
- Please bring your own drinks for your little ones. Please bring your own lidded cup for a hot drink. We will serve cake to adults and biscuits to the children.
- If you or your child has coronavirus symptoms or has tested positive, please don’t attend. The latest symptons can be found here: The latest symptoms can be found here: https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/new-top-5-covid-symptoms and here: gov.uk
- Please adhere to all the protocols we have put in place to keep us all safe during the event
Our waitlist and booking protocol
We are so chuffed that so many people have been coming to Shine and we are ofen well oversubscribed. It's a great problem to have but one that is hard to manage! So here is how we are making it work fairly:
- Booking will now be through Church Suite. Follow the link to our Church Diary where you can choose the event you would like to book: http://standrewshiston.org/diary/
- Please note that Tickets are released 7 days in advance
- If there are no Family Tickets available, choose a Waitlist Family ticket.
- If you cannot use your place it is really important to cancel it so that we can re-allocate your space. You can do this right up to 11am on the day by emailing email@example.com
- We will then contact the next person on the waitlist to offer a space.
- On the morning, we will use the waitlist order to allocate any spaces not taken.
We hope that all makes sense. See you soon! Tim, Zoe and Sarah